This charming wooden butterfly stacking toy by Melissa and Doug is a classic activity sure to flutter into your toddler's heart.
This Butterfly Stacker is a new take on puzzles and blocks and serves the education of both in one toy. The base of this very cute puzzle is fitted with 2 wooden guides to assist your toddler to place the right piece in the right place to create a beautiful butterfly.
This beautiful toy will promote key early-learning skills, such as shape sorting and colour matching while developing fine motor skills all while having lots of fun!
Other extension activities to promote play and learn:
- Help the child to identify all the colors on the stacker toy.
- With the butterfly assembled, ask the child to point to different colors or patterns as you describe them.
- Remove the pieces from the base and lay them flat in front of the child. Ask the child to compare their shapes and sizes, and to find any that have the same shape and size. Ask the child to identify the largest and smallest pieces.
- Remove all the pieces from the base and lay them in a line. Ask the child to place them on the base in order. When the child is ready, try scrambling the pieces first, then asking the child to build the stacker correctly.
- Ask the child to stack the pieces out of order to make a mixed-up butterfly.
- Ask the child to try to assemble the butterfly in the correct order, without using the base.
- Help the child make up a story about the butterfly. You could encourage the child to tell you about the garden where the butterfly likes to go on sunny days, or about his bug friends.
Recommended for children 18 months and older.